Running Shoes - Best Running Shoes in India [Explained]
Anatomy of a Running Shoe
If you run regularly to keep yourself fit then you know that wearing the right pair of shoes is very important. There are tons of running shoes out there in the market, some of them are very cheap running shoes and few ones are really expensive running shoes in India
There are various other factors you need to keep in mind while buying the right pair of Running shoes online in India.
Whenever you are buying Running shoes always remember these few things in mind :-
(i) Running Shoes are continually evolving.
(ii) Each model of the running shoe within each brand is built for a specific foot type or foot arch.
(iii) There is no “best shoes for running” or “best running shoes” on the market.
(iv) Each runner’s foot type is different in shape and there are different running shoes for different foot types. Brands like Nike, Adidas, Skechers etc. understand these things and manufacture running shoes based on runner’s foot arch and pronation.
(v) You will see hundreds of Running shoes and deals online but there is no way to filter shoes based on your foot arch, pronation, terrain and usage.
Whether you run regularly or you run few times in a week or month, you need to first understand about your arch type, heel strike, pronation, wide forefeet / narrow forefeet etc. to select the right running shoes for yourself.
We explained this in detail here in this article: How to choose right running shoes for Beginners.
Running shoes can be categorized into 3 different types, based on your Arch Type:
Based on your foot arch type you need to select the right footwear for running.
You can refer to the below chart for quick reference and then buy the right footwear for running. See link below for Best Neutral and Stability Shoes in India.
Top 10 Best Running Shoes in India [Pick as per your arch type]
So you’ve just recently found out that you overpronate and that is why you are now searching for the best stability running shoes available in
If you are a regular runner and you know that you have medium-high or high arch feet then you should only buy the best neutral
Do you have flat feet and looking to buy the best motion control shoes in India? A small percentage of the population got flat feet
Road Running Shoes vs Trail Running Shoes
Running shoes also have different types of soles made for different terrains. For running on hard terrain like roads, pavements, asphalt you would need to buy Road Running Shoes. While running on rocky and uneven terrains you wound need Trail Running shoes.
What are Road Running Shoes?
- As the name suggests, road running shoes are made specifically to run on harder surfaces like roads, sidewalks (pavements), treadmill, tracks or other hard surfaces.
- Lightweight, flexible shoes with cushioned mid-sole made specifically for repetitive strikes on harder surfaces
- Typically have a flat and smooth outsole. For example: Asics Gel Kayano 24
What are Trail Running Shoes?
- In simple words, trail running shoes are typically made of soles to assist in traction and grip. These shoes usually have treads to prevent the ankle from twisting when running on uneven surfaces.
- Best for people who run in parks, trails, mountains, rocky surface or any other uneven surface.
- Stiffer, tougher midsole to provide support on rough and rugged terrain, rocks etc. Trail running shoes have big cleats on the outsole to provide better traction and grip while running on rocks and uneven terrain. For example: Asics Alpine XT Trail Running Shoes
Best Road Running shoes in India
Best Trail Running Shoes in India
Top 10 Shoes Brands in India
Best running shoes by brand
Best Running Shoes by Budget (under Rs. 1500, 2000 & 5000 Rupees)
Buying a new pair of running shoes can be an expensive affair especially if you want to keep one pair for marathon and the other
I recently met a friend who asked me a question – What are the best running shoes under 2000 rupees? He recently started running and
Best for Women
Sports bras provide the best defense against the juggling of your breast during your workout regime. This product is a
There are a lot of ladies who prefer to walk instead of running. A lot of women have recently written
Some of our female readers have written to us that they are having difficulty in finding the best running shoes