After more than 30 hours of research I have finally shortlisted the five best running smartwatches in India.
If you are a runner and would like to track your performance over a period of time then these smartwatches will make your life easier. With features like heart rate tracker, GPS, music controls, compatibility with other sports apps etc. these smartwatches are a boon to Runners and fitness freaks like me.
Different smartwatch companies come up with different designs, customizations, and features depending on what purpose it is mainly crafted to serve. You just don’t buy a smartwatch based on its looks, but you have to consider many factors like battery life, storage, and much more… (details below)
Some smartwatches are crafted for gym freaks where they can easily monitor their progress and workout program. Others are crafted serve those into body fitness while others are for those who run daily or do it on schedule. Few smartwatches are crafted to serve cyclists where they can get directions using the GPS, distance to cover details etc. Most of them cater to all physical activities like running, cycling, swimming, hiking etc.
The list of activities to conduct with the help of a smartwatch is endless and truth be told, in each sector there is one smartwatch that dominates the group. On the contrary, some smartwatches are good for overall activities and if you are into multiple sports, this is a big relief since you can track those your sports without having to spend cash on multiple smartwatches.
According to a recent survey by Gartner, the global spending on wearable devices will increase to $52 Billion in 2020. That’s massive and guess what India is leading at number 3 in terms of highest number of users.
Top Five Best Smartwatches in India for Runners
1. Garmin Forerunner 245 Music – Best Running Smartwatch
- Sync with music streaming services, such as spotify, to easily store and play your favourite songs right from your watch
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re under training or overdoing it, offers additional performance monitoring features, Bezel Material: fiber-reinforced polymer
- Get free adaptive training plans from garmin coach, or create your own custom workouts on our garmin connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
- Safety and tracking features, such as built-in incident detection, make it easy to share your location
Last update on 2020-10-31 at 20:24 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Garmin 245 Forerunner music is undoubtedly the best smartwatch for runners. Garmin has always been known for their GPS devices until they started making great smartwatches with GPS.
All Garmin smartwatches are known for their accurate GPS technologies and we know that runners love the use of GPS to track their runs.
The Forerunner 245 comes with tons of features to help runners in tracking and improving their performance. Along with usual features that’s used in all smartwatches, the Forerunner 245 comes with very useful metrics that helps a runner to improve their performance over a period of time.
These metrics include VO2 max, cadence, wrist heart rate tracking while running, music playback, GPS and recovery mode.
2. SAMSUNG Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch – Best Smartwatch for Android Users
- 1.3-inch 360x360 super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display
- Corning gorilla glass SR+
- Galaxy wearable app
- Compatibility: Samsung Android, other Android, iOS (Bluetooth) and iOS (Stand alone)
- Certified IP68 and MIL-STD-810G (temperatures and shock resistant)
Last update on 2020-10-31 at 16:29 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Samsung company has never been a gamble in any way. Despite the gadget being in the market for a couple of years, its hardware and design still compete in the market.
The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch comes with a 1.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive display. The hefty price tag justifies what this gadget is capable of.
Beneath the Corning gorilla glass SR+ is a 1GHz dual-core processor with 768MB of RAM and 4GB of storage.
It offers an excellent battery life of 3-4days.
3. Apple Watch Series 4 – Best Smartwatch for iPhone users
If you want a smartwatch with a taste of class, then the Apple smartwatch is the best option. It is the best smartwatch for iOS in India and it combines the best design and best tech on a smartwatch.
With a 64-bit dual processor, it is good pairing with the iPhone users.
This Apple watch is your wrist doctor and it can detect any heart abnormality and it will advise you on whether to consult a doctor. It is the best-selling smartwatch in India.
4. Amazfit Stratos A1619 Multisport Smartwatch – Best Cheap Smartwatch for Runners and Athletes
- The ultimate smartwatch for serious athlete: The latest smartwatch in Amazfit's lineup of fitness wearables, the Stratos combines advanced performance tracking technologies and smart convenience features in a sleek, sophisticated design
- VO2max Fitness Level Analysis: Track every aspect of your daily fitness - steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, heart rate, and sleep quality - and optimize your performance with advanced VO2max metrics and exercise load (TD) and recovery time recommendations
- Use Amazfit App (ZEPP) to connect to phone
- Achieve Your Personal Best, Track your daily activities, sleep, running, swimming, triathlon and more-16 sports modes available to fit all your needs. Automatic heart rate monitoring and continuous heart rate tracking during day life
- On Board Music :Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth earbuds or headphones and enjoy music and media with the 2GB free internal media storage
Last update on 2020-10-31 at 11:07 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may not have heard about this company at all but you will be surprised to know that Amazfit was launched in 2016 and it is a US-based wearable technology company.
Amazfit is owned by Huami, the exclusive provider of wearable technology for Xiaomi.
This is the ultimate watch for regular athletes. Along with the advanced performance it has a sleek and sophisticated design.
This device has a 5ATM water resistance to keep you going even in harsh weather.
Even better is that it comes with onboard music and you can wirelessly connect to your headphones or Bluetooth earbuds. It is also the best fitness smartwatch you can get currently and also one of the the best smartwatch for runners.
The Bottom Line is that Amazfit Stratos is an affordable smartwatch, has fantastic battery life, and is the best casual smartwatch for youngsters in India.
Recommended: Best Budget Smartwatch in India
5. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active – Best Smartwatch for Music Lovers
- Sleek Sporty Design in 4 Premium finishes
- Full Colour Super AMOLED with Always On Watchfaces
- Galaxy wearable app
- 24/7 Activity Tracking - 4 stage Sleep, Activity with continuous HRM
- Auto Stress Tracking & High HR Alert
Last update on 2020-10-31 at 16:44 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you are a regular android user, then this is the smartwatch for you. With a striking design and a powerful hardware, it could be your next big thing if you can spare a bit more cash to get it.
Even better is the detail-filled watch face, which hands it a modern edge. Long story short, with a striking design and excellent performance, it is a worthy competitor. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is among the best smartwatches for Android users in India and without a doubt one of the bestselling smartwatches in India online.
What to look for when buying a Running Smartwatch – Buyer’s Guide
The first and the most important thing you need to consider when buying a smartwatch is the battery life. As a runner you will need to use GPS and few other apps on your smartwatch which will consume a lot of battery. Therefore you definitely should buy the best smartwatch with long battery life.
- Battery Life
- Compatibility with iOS and Android
- Touch Screen
- Heart Rate Tracking
- Accurate distance and step tracking
- Music Controls
- Strap Quality
Our number one recommendation is the Samsung Gear S3 because Samsung has done a really good job on their smartwatches. It is a favorite for fitness freaks who are mostly Android Users.
However I’ve done an extensive research and I can say that the Apple Watch Series 4 is probably the overall best smartwatch available in India right now. Its heavy price tag comes with equally fascinating features.
Therefore If budget is not a constraint for you then I would suggest that Apple watch series 4 should be your number one choice. If you are an Android user you can go for the Samsung Gear S3 as it is second to none when it comes to the processor speed and comes with excellent built quality.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below if you’ve tried any of these smartwatches.